Chicken maryland in a creamy sauce
Servings: 2 people
- 2 Chicken maryland joints Butchered from a whole chicken
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 shallot
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbs pure cream
- Remove the thigh and drums from the carcass in one joint - the maryland.
- Preheat oven to 180C (375F)
- Season the chicken with salt, and fry with 1 tbs of olive oil for 4-5 mins or until golden. Turn and cook a further 6 to colour the other side.
- Take the chicken marylands out of the fry pan and pout in a roasting pan.
- Add 2 Tbs of butter to the fry pan and deglaze the pan. Add 1 shallot finely sliced, cook until translucent.
- Add 1/3 cup of dry white wine. Simmer for 1 min. Add 1/3 cup chicken stock, simmer another minute. Remove from heat.
- Add to roasting pan and Bake chicken for 30 mins or until the internal temp if 75C (165F)
- Take the chicken out and rest in a warm place. Blend the baking juices with a stick blender.
- Fry a diced avocado in 1tbs of butter and salt liberally to taste. Add the fried avocado mash to the baking juices with 1/3 of a cup of cream. Mix well.
- Plate the chicken in a bowl, and pour over the blended pan juices with avocado.